Saturday, April 23, 2005

This is crazy.

Ok, that's it. Quickly, what is your favorite pop culture work? Give me books, films, albums, anything. Tell me what it means to you and then tell us what it means to society, defined however you wish, as a whole. Is there any reason why I should care?

To get things rolling, right now I'm loving Nick Hornby. I'm in the middle of Fever Pitch, his first book, and The Polysyllabic Spree, his latest. I've also read two of his novels, High Fidelity and About a Boy. I love the fact that his very first book is his memoir. That cracks me up every-time. I identify with Hornby in Fever Pitch. I identify with him in The Polysyllabic Spree. I certainly identify with the characters he has created in his novels. All that makes life that much more bearable and even slightly enjoyable. Hornby sneaks deep insights into shallow entertainment. Bless him.

We can't let this thing stagnate any longer. I refuse. POST!

3 Comments:

Blogger Juliet said...

Does posting a comment count?

I miss blogger...xanga has taken over my life...

My apoligies. :(

6:02 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

It doesn't count if your comment has no content! :p

Nobody reads this thing anyway, post whatever you like. Or comment whatever you like.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Juliet said...

Alright, a few months later...

Orson Scott Card, Pastwatch:
Okay, actually Ender's Game has probably had a larger impact on the conciousness of society, for good reason. Still, I really love the idea of alternative histories and love the way he manipulates the image of Christopher Colombus in Pastwatch.

Orson Scott Card represents a triumph to me. He is deeply religious in one of the more "odd" religions and yet he manages to not only write succesful Sci-Fi, but he teaches and is active in the world, also writing commentaries on current events and culture. Plus his books make me think...which is happy.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home